Trip Style: Road Trip (Self Drive / Chauffer Driven)
Duration: 10 nights/11 days
Route: Leh – Nubra Valley – Leh – Pangong Lake – Tso Moriri – Jispa – Manali – Chandigarh – Delhi
- Leh Town – Visit Shanti Stupa, Magnetic Hill, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara and more!
- River Rafting and other activities
- Desert safari on double humped Bactrian camel at Nubra Valley
- Pangong Lake – Get lured by the turquoise blue waters of the Pangong Lake
- Drive to Khardung La – the highest motorable road in the world
- Camp stays
- Leh – Manali Drive – One of the most beautiful drives in the world
- Drive through Rohtang Pass (13050 feet)
We can also pre-book any activities that you may want to engage in.
- River Rafting – Prepare to get very wet!!!
From Phey to Nimmu – for beginners, Grade I and II
From Chiling to Nimmu – Grade II and III
On the Indus around Skurbuchan – for experienced rafters, Grade IV
- Mountain Bike Rides – Get ready for free – wheel trips to Khardung La
- Guided Tours – Peek into some ‘secret’ corners and discover some closed ancient
- Hiking and Trekking – Forget the typical routes and check out the interesting alternative
- Accommodations: All hotels and camp stays
- Meals: Breakfast only
- Self Drive Vehicle
- Doorstep vehicle pickup and dropoff in Delhi NCR
- Useful Road Maps
- Towing Strap
- Air Pump
- Wireless Radio Sets (For 2 or more cars)
- First Aid Kit
- Camping Chairs
- Currently applicable taxes and service charges
- Meals not included in Hotel reservations.
- Fuel, Toll and interstate taxes (for self drive car hire)
- International Driving License (Mandatory for Foreign Nationals)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Insurance, tips, Personal phone calls
- Airfare/train fare
- Credit Card Authorization/Refundable Security Deposit for Self Drive Vehicle
- Travel Insurance.
- Entry fees (Any kind)
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill health, Vehicle Breakdown, landslide,
roadblocks, bad weather etc.
- Any charges for carrying video camera, still camera etc
The Itinerary for Ladakh Road Trip has been designed for gradual acclimatization and to include the best hotel options available on this route.
Fly in to Leh
Fly in to Leh and check in to your hotel. After breakfast rest for the day in the hotel for acclimatization to high altitude. Visit the Leh market or The Shanti Stupa which provides panoramic views of the surrounding landscape and an especially beautiful sunset. Overnight in Leh.
Post breakfast drive for Nimmoo where the major rivers of Ladakh, Indus & Zanskar meet; en-route witness the gravity defying phenomenon of the Magnetic Hill. On your way back, pay homage to the war heroes at The Hall of Fame while returning to Leh in the afternoon. Evening free to explore the local market at one’s disposal. If you are upto it test your nerves at river rafting and other activities.
Post breakfast, drive to Shey Palace which has the second largest Shakyamuni Buddha statue, proceed to Thiksey Monastery. Enjoy the magnificient view of the meandering Indus. Visit Stok palace & Musuem which house the King & Queen of Leh and offers a rich insight into the culture and heritage of Ladakh.
Leh – Nubra Valley (120 kms/4 hrs)
After breakfast, start driving towards Nubra Valley situated in the north of Leh, at about 10,000 feet above sea level. The road, which climbs up and over the Khardung La, at approximately 18,380 feet, is believed to be the highest motorable road in the world. After crossing the Pass, you will see Khardung village, stop for lunch at Khalser and cross Deskit (the main villages of Nubra valley). Get engrossed in this colourful valley of flowers. Spend the night in deluxe camps.
Nubra Valley – Leh (120 kms/4 hrs)
Post breakfast, drive to Hunder village.Do you know the difference between an ordinary camel and a Bactrian camel? Wondering what it might be? Look for an answer in this cold desert valley where you can enjoy a camel safari on two hump Bactrian camels in sand dunes and continue towards the famous Deskit monastery. Stop for lunch at North Pullu and reach Leh by afternoon. Overnight in Leh.
Leh – Pangong Lake – Leh (320 kms/10 hrs)
Start early at 5 AM (packed breakfast will be provided by the hotel) to drive to Pangong Lake, situated at an altitude of 14,271 feet above sea level, in the northeast of Leh. The bare rolling hills interspersed with dusty valleys are the setting for the spectacular lakes in the area. En route, stop at Thiksey monastery for early morning prayers. Beyond Thiksey village, there is nothing but the extreme mountain ranges as far as the eye can see.
The second stop is the Changla Pass (17,350 ft.), which could test ones lungs, for the lack of oxygen. Drive on till you reach Pangong Lake, a tourist paradise and of great geological significance. Part of the lake runs through the Indo-Chinese border. Enjoy lunch next to the sparkling blue waters of the Lake. Start driving back towards Leh and arrive by late evening.
Leh – Tso Moriri (240 kms/5 hrs)
After breakfast drive to this high altitude mountain lake. Absorb what nature has to offer here in this mighty, endless, vast, clear and pure form. The beautiful multi shades of blue gives a romantic and breathtaking feeling. Overnight in deluxe camps.
Tso Moriri – Jispa (313 kms/10 hrs)
Get prepared for a long but scenic drive towards Jispa and once there take a break to acclimatize yourself for the steep climb in the coming days. Overnight in Jispa.
Jispa – Manali (140 kms/5 hrs)
Start at your leisure to reach Manali. Check in at your hotel and give your body some much deserved rest. In the evening you can check out the hustle and bustle of the mall road or just simply relax on the banks of the gurgling Beas.
Manali – Chandigarh (290 kms/8 hrs)
Enjoy some local sightseeing in the morning and start towards Chandigarh after lunch to reach by late evening. Overnight in Chandigarh.
Chandigarh – Delhi (270 kms/5 hrs)
Explore the beautiful city of Chandigarh before you begin the last leg of this memorable journey as you drive towards New Delhi, the busy capital of India.
||Baikunth Resort/Honeymoon Inn
||The Lalit/Best Western
Vehicles for Hire:
The following cars are available on hire for Self Drive & Chauffer Driven from us:
- Toyota Innova
- Toyota Fortuner
Package Cost Per Person (INR)
|List of Cars
Note – Important facts about self drive cars to Ladakh
In Ladakh, tourist season is only 4 months. To support local taxi operators taxis from other states are not
allowed to go in certain regions as the local taxi union wants tourists to give business to their local people.
So for Nubra & Pangong Lake you may have to hire a local taxi in Ladakh at an additional cost. Driving self
drive car from Delhi to Leh and back to Delhi is not an issue.
Alternatively, you can offer some donation at the taxi union, to self drive the hired car.
- 25% of the Tour cost will be charged if the tour cancelled anytime after confirmation till 30 days prior to start date.
- 50% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if tour is cancelled in less than 29-15 days prior to start date.
- 75% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if tour is cancelled in less than 14-8 days prior to start date.
- 100% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if trip is cancelled in less than 7 days prior to start date.