Trip Style: Road Trip (Self Drive)
Duration: 7 nights / 8 days
Route: Jaisalmer – Jodhpur – Udaipur
- Jaisalmer Fort,Sam sand dunes,Gadisar Lake(Jaisalmer)
- Mehrangarh Fort,Kaylana Lake(Jodhpur)
- Pichola Lake,Jag Mandir,City Palace,Monsoon Palace,Saheliyon ki Bari(Udaipur)
- Camel & Jeep Safari (Bikaner & Jaisalmer)
- Zip Lines (Mehrangarh Fort Jodhpur)
- Pushkar Camel Fair (Nov)
- Boat Rides (Udaipur)
- Folk Dance & Music
- Souvenir Shopping
- Accommodations: All hotels and camp stays
- Meals: Breakfast only
- Self Drive Vehicle
- Doorstep vehicle pickup and dropoff in Delhi NCR
- Useful Road Maps
- Towing Strap
- Air Pump
- Wireless Radio Sets (For 2 or more cars)
- First Aid Kit
- Camping Chairs
- Currently applicable taxes and service charges
- Meals not included in Hotel reservations.
- Fuel, Toll and interstate taxes (for self drive car hire)
- International Driving License (Mandatory for Foreign Nationals)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Insurance, tips, Personal phone calls
- Airfare/train fare
- Credit Card Authorization/Refundable Security Deposit for Self Drive Vehicle
- Travel Insurance.
- Entry fees (Any kind)
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill health, Vehicle Breakdown, landslide,
roadblocks, bad weather etc.
- Any charges for carrying video camera, still camera etc
Fly to Jaisalmer
Take a flight to the golden city and from here meet your pre-arranged car to begin your tour of magnificent Rajasthan.
Check in by noon at the hotel and post lunch take a city tour with a local guide. Dinner will be at the Hotel.
Start your day with a visit to the Jaisalmer Fort, a unique monument that is home to an approx. 3000 people residing within its walls. Post Lunch take a safari in the sand dunes in a jeep or on the back of a camel. Dinner will be at the hotel.
Jaisalmer –Jodhpur (290 km/5 hrs)
Drive to the Blue city of Jodhpur, named so after the vivid blue painted houses around the Mehrangarh Fort. Check in at the hotel and post lunch the local guide takes you for a city tour and refreshes those historical memoirs. Dinner will be at the hotel.
Today you visit the Mighty Mehrangarh Fort, the muscular fort that towers over the blue city and is an architectural spectacle of the marvelous Rajput era. Go zip lining at the Jodhpur flying fox or visit the old city markets if you plan on souvenir shopping for friends back home. Dinner will be at the hotel.
Jodhpur – Udaipur (320 km/5 hrs)
Add Romance to adventure as you drive towards the most romantic destinations of India lovingly named “ Venice of the East” and “ The city of Lakes”. Check in by lunchtime at your hotel and embark on the city tour with the local guide to see the fantastic City Palace, temples, and countless crooked streets leading to exotic bazaars.
Start your day with a visit to the Crystal Gallery, which boasts of an amazing collection of treasures ordered by the Maharaja from England but forgotten for 110 years before it was rediscovered. This is followed by a visit to the magnificent Durbar Hall for the impressive Chandeliers and artefacts at display.
Evening at the hotel.
Today you may visit the gracious 18th-century Bagore ki haveli, set on the water’s edge and featuring a fascinating collection of period photos of Udaipur and a surreal collection of world famous monuments carved out of polystyrene. In the evening take a boat cruise along Lake Pichola and enjoy a sublime view of stately mansions and palaces along the way.
Make a royal exit and bid adieu to this majestic land of Kings and Palaces with a promise to come again as you leave this incredible place but you know that you will forever hold it in your hearts.