Click here to zoom map.
Date: 10th December – 18th December 2016
Duration: 08 Nights / 09 Days
Route: Ahmedabad – Dasada – Mandvi – Kalo Dungar – Hodka – White Rann – Hodka – Jamnagar – Gir – Ahmedabad
Cost: INR 65000 Per Person
- Safari across Little Rann of Kutch and spot the Asiatic Wild Ass
- Relax on a private beach at Mandvi in luxury camps
- Visit Boat Building Yards
- Visit traditional handicrafts village
- Drive to the highest point in Kutch – Kalo Dungar
- Experience the White Rann sparkling under the light of the moon
- Safari in Gir in search of Asiatic Lion
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing
- All Meals – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Toll, Inter State and Parking Charges
- Jeep Safaris at Dasada and Gir
- Currently applicable taxes and service charges.
- Meals not included
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal Airfare/train fare
- Travel Insurance.
- Entry fees (Any kind)
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill health, Vehicle Breakdown, landslide, road blocks, bad weather, snow fall etc.
- Any charges for carrying video camera, still camera etc
- 25% of the Tour cost will be charged if the tour cancelled anytime after confirmation till 30 days prior to start date.
- 50% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if tour is cancelled in less than 29-15 days prior to start date.
- 100% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if trip is cancelled in less than 14 days prior to start date.
10th Dec’16 – Ahmedabad – Dasada (98 kms/ 2 hours)
Fly in to Ahmedabad and start the journey with the group towards Dasada.
The experience starts in the barren landscape of Little Rann of Kutch.
The region is a vast, featureless plain encrusted with salt that is accessible only for a few months every year. We will go on a safari across the Little Rann and look for the endangered Asiatic Wild Ass that is not found anywhere else in the world. In the evening, relax by the pool at the resort and gear up for the drive the following day.
11th Dec’16 – Dasada – Mandvi (325 kms/ 5 hours)
Post breakfast, get ready to cross the vast plains of Little Rann. The first 80km drive will take us through the vast, barren, still and completely dry terrain of Kutch.
The unending flats and the deafening silence of Little Rann cannot be described. It can only be experienced. Don’t be surprised if you get disoriented in this seemingly infinite piece of land. Once we have driven past Little Rann, we will drive down towards Mandvi. A small shipping manufacturing town, Mandvi boasts of crystal blue waters, a palace and a private beach. Spend the night in a luxury camp right on the beach!
12th Dec’16 – Mandvi
Get up at leisure and after a lazy breakfast on the beach, visit the lavish Mandvi Palace spread in 450 acres. Once you find your way back to the car, we will drive to the Mandvi town.
Visit the boat building yards and pick up souvenirs in the handicraft villages near the town. Sit on the beach and sip a cool drink. In the evening, enjoy dinner by the waters and spend the night once again at the luxury camps.
13th Dec’16 – Mandvi – Kalo Dungar – Hodka (200 kms/ 3 hours 30 minutes)
Post breakfast, drive to the highest point of Kutch – Kalo Dunger popularly known as Black Hill. Very close to the border with Pakistan, this is the only point from where a panaromic view of the Great Rann of Kutch is possible. From here, drive towards Hodka to retire for the day.
14th Dec’16 – Hodka – White Rann – Hodka (45 kms/ 1 hour)
Relax during the day and later drive to the White Rann – a vast salt marsh which sparkles on a Full Moon night. The beauty of this landscape is unmatched and can leave you spell bound as you see the earth below your feet sparkling under the moonlight.
15th Dec’16 – Hodka – Jamnagar (320 kms/5 hours)
Start early and reach Jamnagar before you move towards Gir the following day. You can check out the bird sanctuary or simply chose to relax for the day.
16th Dec’16 – Jamnagar – Gir (230 kms/ 5 hours)
Start early to reach Gir by afternoon. Post lunch take an evening Safari in the Gir National Park to see the last habitat of Asiatic Lion.
17th Dec’16 – Gir Safari
Get up at leisure and enjoy a day amidst nature. You can later go for an afternoon/evening safari. Enjoy dinner with Dhamal Dance of Siddi community.
18th Dec’16 – Gir – Ahmedabad (360 kms/ 7 hours)
We start our journey back home early and reach Ahmedabad from where we take our return flights.