Click here to zoom map.
Date: 15th July 2017 – 23rd July 2017
Duration: 8 Nights / 9 Days
Route: Delhi – Shimla – Narkanda – Sangla – Kalpa – Nako Lake – Tabo – Kaza – Losar – Rohtang Pass – Manali – Chandigarh – Delhi
Cost: INR 75,000 (per person sharing twin room)
- All Hotel stays on twin sharing basis
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Route Planning and Research.
- Activities to make the experience truly memorable.
- Local guidance and support from experts.
- All inner line permits for restricted areas.
- Limited stock of chocolates, snacks, water and soft beverages for every vehicle.
- Back up team with a crew vehicle equipped with GPS, oxygen cylinders, emergency food supplies and first – aid kits.
- Road books, maps and wireless radio sets for every vehicle.
- Your own international or domestic passenger flights.
- Meals and drinks not mentioned.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Insurance and documentation costs such as travel insurance
- Vehicle servicing, repairs, traffic fines or parking penalties.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill- health, vehicle breakdown or repairs, damage accruing from land blocks, bad weather etc.
- Additional accommodation charges due to unforeseen delays in the journey.
- Any Medical expenses incurred during the trip
- Any charges for carrying video camera or still camera.
- Any hotel, subsistence or other costs incurred prior to the official start date of an expedition and after the official end date of the expedition.
- 25% of the Tour cost will be charged if the tour cancelled anytime after confirmation till 30 days prior to start date.
- 50% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if tour is cancelled in less than 29-15 days prior to start date.
- 100% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if trip is cancelled in less than 14 days prior to start date.
The Itinerary for Lahaul and Spiti Road Trip has been designed for gradual acclimatization and to include the best hotel options available on this route.
Day 01: 15th July’17
Delhi – Narkanda (450 kms/ 09 hours)
Stay amidst apple orchards in Narkanda. Enjoy stories and history of the place over a bonfire and buffet dinner. We leave Delhi at dawn so we arrive in time to watch the sun set in Narkanda. Enjoy a gala dinner and get to know your fellow travellers.
Day 02: 16th July’17
Narkanda – Sarahan – Sangla (150 kms/ 05 hours)
Early morning orchard walk followed by breakfast. We leave for Sangla in Kinnaur district, and picnic on the way. Reach in time for evening tea to enjoy the crisp twilight zone.
Day 03 & 04: 17th July’17 & 18th July’17
Explore the Sangla/ Chitkul/ Raksham region
Enjoy the beauty and adventure of Sangla Valley to the full on this day. We drive to Chitkul, a pretty village on the ancient Hindustan – Tibet route. Those interested can hike 5kms to the armed forces border post overlooking China, while others enjoy a picnic. There is also an option to try your hand at rock climbing, Rappelling, River Crossing and Trout Fishing – extra charges may apply for some of these.
Sangla is known for its day hikes. Those looking for soft adventure can join the Raksham walk that takes you along rivers, through meadows and forests and over glaciers. And for the hardier lot, there is the challenging meadows walk that will have you seek a masseuse at the end of the day.
Also visit the pretty villages around, and enjoy sitting along the Baspa river.
Day 05: 19th July’17
– Sangla – Nako – Tabo (190 kms/ Full Day)
This will be a day of driving fun. We start pre- dawn to catch the early morning serenity of Kalpa, the only place in India where pine nuts (chilkozas) grow. And you cannot but feel over- awed with the Kinner Kailash peak looking upon you.
We then go to the small but picturesque Nako Lake – we also lunch along the banks of the lake. We then proceed to Tabo reaching in the evening for a much deserved rest.
Day 06: 20th July’17
Tabo – Kaza via Dhankar Monastery (70 kms/02 hour)
Check out Tabo with its awesome mud monastery dating back to 996 A.D., the oldest in the country. Look up to the mountain faces, and you will find caves where people still live in. Our next stop will be at Dhankar Monastery, strategically built at the highest location in Spiti Valley (3894 mts). The statue of the Meditating Buddha forms the center of the monastery. We continue on to Kaza at an altitude of 12000 feet.
Day 07: 21st July’17
Exploring Kaza– Visit Pin Valley National Park, High altitude villages of Langza, Hikkim and Komic
The villages around Kaza are believed to be the highest in the world, mostly caught in their own time warp. The drives to these villages are stunning to say the least. We also drop in at the Key Monastery, perched on a cliff looking down at the spectacular valleys below.
Day 08: 22nd July’17
Kaza – Manali (205 kms/ 08 hours)
We leave at dawn for Manali for yet another day of memorable driving via Rohtang Pass. We will drive along and over rivers, cross glaciers, and bump along undulating tracks. It may be dusk when we reach Manali – where we celebrate the journey over champagne.
Day 09: 23rd July’17
Manali – Delhi (570 kms/ 13 hours)
Time to head back to Delhi – or wherever one wants to head to. We part ways with a promise to meet again!