The last great Himalayan Kingdom, cloaked in an aura of mystery and blessed with immense natural beauty, Bhutan is a delightful revelation. Devoted to sustainable tourism practices, the Bhutanese are proud of their humane approach that lays more stress on happiness and well-being of its inhabitants as well as visitors. A road trip through Bhutan will introduce you to a world that wears both its mantles with ease; one of traditional Buddhist cultural values, and another that welcomes contemporary development with open arms.
Crossing the border to Bhutan from Siliguri in West Bengal, our sojourn into the ‘Land of the Thunder Dragon’, will begin in Phuentsholing and take us to Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Phobjikha Valley, Bumthang, Mongar and Samdrup Jongkhar before crossing back into India via the city of Guwahati in Assam.
- Take to the roads and discover the best-kept secrets of a realm that is a fascinating blend of pristine natural splendour and cultural vibrance.
- Hike to the Tiger’s Nest Monastery (Taktshang Goemba), which was blessed and sanctified as one of Bhutan’s most sacred religious sites. Perched upon a cliff, with a forest full of blue pine and rhododendrons below, this promises to be an unparalleled excursion indeed.
- Soak-in the natural bounty of a country which has made it a constitutional mandate to preserve 60 percent of its land under forest cover at all times, and enjoys the honour of being the world’s only carbon-negative nation.
- Discover the finer nuances of Buddhism, and visit enchanting monasteries where your sight will be rewarded with splendid vistas and your heart and soul wrapped in divine bliss.
- Relish local cuisine and learn all about the elements and flavours of Bhutanese food.
Ideal visiting window : March to May & September to November
Duration: 16 Days / 15 Nights
Terrain to expect : High Mountains, Valleys, Hills | Tarmac and Gravel Road
**For further inquiry or assistance please Email us.