Opulence, thy name is Rajasthan! The land of the maharanis and the maharajas, which stands resplendent still in its vintage glory – touring this Indian state is sure to be a kaleidoscopic experience indeed. Festooned with imposing forts and awe-inspiring palaces aplenty, Rajasthan is quite literally the ‘Land of Kings’. Our road trip through Rajasthan will commence from the vibrant capital city of Jaipur, and take you to destinations like Ranthambore, Bundi, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Narlai, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Khimsar and Pushkar.
Prepare to be caught in a melange of colours and sounds as you weave through the roads and terrains of Rajasthan while enjoying its rousing music, folk dances, and splendid architectural grandeur.
- Travel back in time to the bygone era as you walk the ramparts of the imposing forts of Chittorgarh, Kumbhalgarh (wherein stands the Great Wall of India), Ranthambore, Amber and Jaisalmer – all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Get a chance to gaze upon and try to understand the various instruments and principles of astronomy on display at the Jantar Mantar observatory.
- Enjoy Wildlife Safari at Ranthambore National Park, which is home to the regal tiger, as well as other animals such as the rare chinkara, sambhar deer, blue bull antelope, sloth bear and hundreds of species of birds amidst others.
- Ride upon a camel and take in the vastness of the Great Indian Thar Desert, which enjoys the distinction of being the most widely populated desert in the world.
- Indulge in a romantic boat ride on the famed Lake Pichola in Udaipur which was the historic capital of the Kingdom of Mewar, and is popularly known as the City of Lakes.
- Embark upon a tour to spot graceful leopards at Rawla Narlai – a 17th century heritage property situated in the village of Narlai, where the animals and the humans coexist peacefully.
- Succumb to the lure of adventure with the Flying Fox Jodhpur Experience, as you glide over two desert lakes, trek through the Rao Jodha Eco-Park and enjoy breathtaking views of the imposing Mehrangarh Fort and the Blue City.
- Get set to collect incredible souvenirs, as you visit colourful local markets and meet the spectacularly talented artisans of Rajasthan.
- Give free reign to your taste buds as you partake of deliciously authentic Rajasthani cuisine.
- Interact and share a meal with a local family and witness their way of life up close.
- Take pleasure in the luxurious ambience of historical and palatial accommodations, thoughtfully selected by Team AO.
Ideal visiting window : October to March
Duration: 25 Days / 24 Nights
Terrain to expect : Cities, Old Town, Desert | Tarmac and Gravel Road
**For further inquiry or assistance please Email us.