Charismatic, mystical, and akin to a gem with many facets – India’s Northeast is like a spectacular secret waiting to be unveiled in all its glory. Natural graces and cultural riches come together in the most amazing fashion in this part of India. Incomparable experiences within spectacular destinations like Kaziranga, Majuli, Ziro, Balipara, Dirang, Tawang, Tezpur, Cherrapunji and Guwahati – along with the best that nature has to offer – lend this road trip a distinctive appeal.
Get ready to be wowed by unspoilt natural beauty, impressive diversity and warm hospitality of the sister states, as you get behind the wheel and let the roads guide you towards an extraordinary adventure.
- Let the formidable Brahmaputra awe you with its vastness as you enjoy a sunset cruise upon the waters of the river with a rare male name, which translates to ‘Brahma’s Child’.
- Take a Jungle Jeep Safari through Kaziranga National Park, which is home to 2/3rd of the world’s entire population of the native one-horned rhinoceros.
- Get a chance to visit Majuli, the world’s largest river island, which serves as the cultural nerve-centre of Assam and abode of the neo-Vaishnavite sect in the state.
- Acquaint yourself with the culture and practices of the Apatani Tribe of Ziro Valley, which also hosts one of the most popular annual music festivals in India.
- Soak in the divine aura of the Tawang Monastery. Founded in 1681, it is the largest Buddhist Monastery in India.
- Cruise through the high-altitude Sela Pass. Situated at an elevation of 13,700 ft, Sela connects the Buddhist city of Tawang to the rest of India.
- Visit some of the most marvellous and staggering waterfalls of India – Nuranag and the Seven Sisters Falls.
- Explore the idyllic Mawlynnong, which has been more than once voted as ‘Asia’s Cleanest Village’.
- Witness the phenomenal, and more than a century old, double decker living root bridges of Meghalaya.
- Serenade your senses as you float in a boat across the sparkling clear waters of River Umngot, located in the border town of Dawki.
- Tuck-in the scrumptious and wonderfully varied North Eastern cuisine on offer
Ideal visiting window : September to November & February to May
Duration: 21 days / 20 nights
Terrain to expect : Mountains, Valleys, Forests, Cities | Road: Tarmac and Gravel Road
**For further inquiry or assistance please Email us.